Heron solution

Reaction score
Looks like a lot of people are bothered by heron. Has anyone ever tried to make a trap to eliminate the problem? Not kill them but some how catch them and release them. I'm not sure that they wouldn't come back though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Assuming that it would be permitted (doubt it it would be, here) I'd be afraid to get stabbed!
..and I'm thinking no matter how far I let it go, it'd probably beat me home!:ROFLMAO:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
and if the one you trapped didn't, its cousins and siblings would.

Reaction score
They tried poisoning the pigeons at a refinery that I worked at but they began falling dead in the nearby neighborhood raising alarms of "poison air" so they tried trapping and relocating them.... HELLO.... they are pigeons, they can return home from miles away. We still do not understand the navigation capabilities of migratory birds.

When I complete my goldfish pond in Mexico I'll be retired and have plenty of time to practice my marksmanship on them. To some it may seem cruel but I won't let a heron stalk my pond.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
They tried poisoning the pigeons at a refinery that I worked at but they began falling dead in the nearby neighborhood raising alarms of "poison air" so they tried trapping and relocating them.... HELLO.... they are pigeons, they can return home from miles away. We still do not understand the navigation capabilities of migratory birds.

When I complete my goldfish pond in Mexico I'll be retired and have plenty of time to practice my marksmanship on them. To some it may seem cruel but I won't let a heron stalk my pond.

And its probably not a Federal offense in Mexico.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And its probably not a Federal offense in Mexico.
I couldn't shoot them even it if was not an offense, they are just doing what they need to survive. I do what I need to do to protect the fish, no killing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
very effective
no-fishing-sign.jpg

Ask a Question