Hey GBBUDD - I can't remember where you posted a picture of that leaching pipe/chamber

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I was going to investigate a little further and now I can't find the link. Would you mind sharing it again here? Thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Never mind - I found it! Holy moly! I called the toll free number and talked to a customer service rep. He said the shipping would be -- get ready -- are you sitting down???? $268.00. What on earth? He said there would be a lift gate charge and I said - it weighs 13 pounds! He said they ship everything on pallets.
Good gravy. He was super nice though and gave me the number of a store closest to me (in SC, maybe?) He said I could call the store manager to see if they would ship it UPS for me. It's not like it is breakable. It is made to be super strong.
Crazy, huh?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
if you have a truck, suv or hatch back you may even find them at like tractor supply. they are usually 5 to 6 feet long . i know they have culvert pipe for an other dyi . The other was for leaching fields look for a sewer supply store or drainage. stop and ask a crew who are doing road work

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I found all my culvert pipe at a logging supply store near my home town. Unbeatable prices. Loggers use it for road building. Don't know if logging is a big thing in SC, but maybe do a quick look just in case. If you cut a culvert pipe in half and cut slots in it, you basically have a leaching chamber.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I found all my culvert pipe at a logging supply store near my home town. Unbeatable prices. Loggers use it for road building. Don't know if logging is a big thing in SC, but maybe do a quick look just in case. If you cut a culvert pipe in half and cut slots in it, you basically have a leaching chamber.
Actually I am in GA. (SC was just the closest store to me.) I have a friend who is a forester - I will see if he has any leads on culvert pipe! I was thinking the same thing about culvert pipe, but GBBUDD pointed out that the weight of rocks on top of a cut edge could result in damage to the lining. I planned to try to sand it smooth. Still an option -- but I was looking into different possibilities. I thought $45.00 was a great price for the leaching chamber -- if I could just get my hands on one without paying $268.00 in shipping! :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was thinking the same thing about culvert pipe, but GBBUDD pointed out that the weight of rocks on top of a cut edge could result in damage to the lining
Just put some padding on edges.

Menards sells the leach pipe, too, but I see they’re not in Georgia either. People in the Midwest don’t know how good they have it!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@bagsmom THERES GOT TO BE SOME COMERCIAL HD equipment companies near you. the yards that look like sandford and son live there. Take to Advise i gave ISRAILI GRANNY . PULL IN AND GOT TALK TO THE GUYS batt those granny ways and wear plenty of bengay " kidding" and tell them what your doing and you need 5 feet and not 20' if they can help you out . it's scrap to them good for some day but will never get used. you might get lucky

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
ll them what your doing and you need 5 feet and not 20' if they can help you out . it's scrap to them good for some day but will never get used.

When I bought my culvert pipe, the shop had a dumpster full of 2-3’ long pieces of 15” pipe. It’s just trash to them. They said I could have as much as I could fit in my car.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I've called around to a few landscapers. No luck there. This week, I will try a septic supply place. I think I might have enough culvert pipe, though. I need to measure everything. I am thinking I will not use it for a fish cave - I'll do something with rocks instead. That might leave me with just enough.

Ask a Question