Hi all

Reaction score
Country
United States
After 3 years of poor success with our pond it appears this year is the best ever. 1st year we had neighbors watch the pond while we went away for 2 weeks and the drunken fool flooded it and all the fish died. I still think something else happened to kill them...like his son threw in the light post and electrocuted them...second year herons got them. Now this year we found a couple of baby fish but were able to rescue only one from their cannibalistic parents...although eating your children has some benefits...just kidding of course! Hope to learn lots from this forum. BTW pond is about 11 ft x 8 ft and 3.5 ft deep, would be deeper but a big rock was in the way. Filtration is TerraTeck (?) canister and some phony box filter with fountain pump. We have a small aeration pump in there too. Thanks for reading! Also we live north of Seattle in Lynnwood WA.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group!
We have all had our struggles at one time or another.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Once you get the hang of it, you’ll have more babies than you know what to do with!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
smhello.gif

It might make you feel better knowing that most pond keeper (including myself) have made catastrophic mistakes in the beginning that caused fish loss....fortunately we can learn from our mistakes, avoid doing what we've learned to be a "no-no" and go on enjoying this hobby we love so much.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you like it here! :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-10-9_9-52-18.gif

Neighbor @Dennyvd I'm just north of you in Arlington! We used to live on Kentish Rd. near the Floral Hills cemetery on Filbert Rd. Wow that was back in the flower children years of the 70's!
upload_2018-10-9_9-59-1.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi and welcome, having a pond is such a bonus in the garden, glad you are enjoying yours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confuzion

Latest Threads