Hi Am New To Ponds

Reaction score
Hi all a was just wondering if my filter is connected up wrong is the water not meant to be filterterd upwards ? as i bought my filter second hand and came with no instructions i will upload a pic of my filter soon

100_0805.jpg

the hose at the top ot the filter is the water in and the white pipe is the water out witch has a hose from the filter inside it back to the pond?

Many Thanks Darren

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Mine has the feed going to the bottom and the output from the top. Remember, the solids settle in the bottom, you don't want to send them back to the pond.
This filter is not clear as to how it is made internally. It is also not clear as to whether it is a bio filter or has media to remove particles.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Ok, so it is not a bio filter and relies on the filter media only to remove particles. These are labor intensive and not very effictive in my opinion. I use my fillter that is similar only for several hours a month when I run my main waterfall.

Reaction score
I am onlyusing this filter for a couple of months till i get a better one sorted out the one i am using only cost a £10 so i cant complain ?

Thanks Darren

Ask a Question