hi, another newbie here!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yep! Well, I know coastal weather is very different than not coast, and that being on an island (or close to it) is also very different.

But hey, you get to play with presumably warmer waters! ;)

Reaction score
LOL but most from the same state dont get it ... even from one town to the next is different on this side of the bridge.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yeah. I suspect that having done a fair bit of travelling as a kid up and down the east coast gave me a better sense of the effects of coasts and islands on weather. Or something. :)

Was going to comment on the marathon bombing (to which I am not that close), but was dismayed by the rabid politicking so soon after it happened. So, eh. But, as far as I can tell, no one I knew was injured, although some were close to the blasts.

Reaction score
Politics on the news or the thread I started? The news I cant help, but the thread, you can safely disagree with views, ignore them, and just stick to the tragedy ...

Glad to hear no one you knew was close by. I keep watching facebook for local friends to check in, and so far, so good ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
capewind: So far, actually, the news has been quiet about politics. But then, I'm sticking to local news, which is still trying to figure out the full scope of things.

Glad your friends are showing up as ok!

don't ask: my weather is very, very confused. It's been quite warm, and then cold again (to the extent of sleet not that long ago). Ah, New England weather. ;)

But soon. Soon, I shall pull out the pickerelweed and split it. It's near the edge, which means I don't have be able to get into the pond!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Welcome from Snowy Canada! I hear you have a nice Pickerel weed in your pond that needs transplanting. Divide the fleshy roots or clumps in the spring, while discarding the rotting portion from previous year.
Propagation: Stolon cuttings may be taken in summer, or the plant may be started from fresh seed collection in late summer.

Stay safe down there till the police get to the bottom of things, news sounding gruesome and tragic...

Reaction score
Just wanted to check in this morning Wisp to make sure all friends are still checking in safe. Reading the news this morning was tough.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
callingcolleen1 said:
Welcome from Snowy Canada! I hear you have a nice Pickerel weed in your pond that needs transplanting. Divide the fleshy roots or clumps in the spring, while discarding the rotting portion from previous year.
Propagation: Stolon cuttings may be taken in summer, or the plant may be started from fresh seed collection in late summer.

Stay safe down there till the police get to the bottom of things, news sounding gruesome and tragic...
Thank you!

I expect to have a _lot_ of clumps, since I already found quite a number just scattered around my pond. Entirely aside from the huge clump which I hope to attack tomorrow.

And yeah. I'm safe, and everyone I know is, too. So scary. My poor city...

Reaction score
So glad you are safe - yes, your poor city. I have a number of family members that live in that area and thus, have been down Copley Square and Boylston Streets a number of times. Thankfully you and all my family are safe, however, I will never be able to go into that area again without thinking about this horrible tragedy. I cannot imagine what these poor people and their families are all going through.

Ask a Question