Hi, Douglas Hoover- Retired Master Pond Builder at you service...

DouglasHoover

Douglas Hoover
Reaction score
Started designing and building waterfalls and ponds at 16 years old (1964) Helped my father build several water features on our 6 acre estate " Hoover's Perennial Gardens" in Hanover, Michigan. We were featured in "House Beautiful" and Better Homes and Garden. Started WaterFalls Naturally in 1982 in San Diego California. Built my first of well over 2000 waterfalls in the Horton Caf'e Garden Room on the ground floor of the landmark, Golden West Hotel- Gas lamp District of downtown San Diego. The rest is history- I've been blessed to have my creations featured on the cover of 8 magazines, with one of them picked by San Diego Home & Garden Magazine awarding it "Garden of The Year" Front cover 2005 titled "Fire and Water in Clairemont". Better Homes and Gardens Magazine featured my own personal front yard water garden in a three page article. Alice and I sold our home in 2007 gave our belonging to DAV, sold my business- WaterFalls Naturally, bought a 40ft Winebago Motor home and now have a ministry of feeding the homeless in Mission Bay Park CA website: Bfosite.com
37.jpg
Magcovers.jpg

I built the first pondless waterfall in Fallbrook CA in January, 1984 and still hold the record for the tallest man-made waterfall, 135 feet high on Mt. Soladad, LaJolla CA- 200 tons of rock placed by an 80 ton crane-

13.jpg

Built the very first three foot deep pond that can legally be built in a front yard without a perimeter fence!

20.jpg

I now share my 30 years of knowledge and experience at NO CHARGE, to anyone with pond or watergarden questions Ask Douglas Hoover

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome but I know here most times they don't allow advertiser .But looks like you have done lots of work and wonder did you expand your business to michigan or are you still located in Cali.

DouglasHoover

Douglas Hoover
Reaction score
I'm Retired- Sold my home and business and bought a 40 ft. motorhome- now feeding the homeless in Mission Bay Park- Beautiful Feet Outreach at: bfosite.com

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well sounds like you are busy then .I took some of my savings 2 years ago and bought another house for a family as there rental was sold out fro under them and they had 2 horses and geese and chickens and they are paying me back interest free at 200 dollars a month .My son also helped a family rebuilding there burned out home with a churches help .I retire here from NJ 9 years ago and love and only been visiting surrounding states .I do love the pic of the rock waterfall as it looks like steps I saw at a garden in Cali when i visited gosh that was over 20 years ago .

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard Douglas, Very nice work and those are quite some accomplishments. Great to see a new experienced member.
Sissy, his link is just a link to directly ask him a question, very similar to a PM or direct email with security. I'll allow it. No advertising,

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I couldn't click on his link .But looked up what he has done and his has done some really beautiful work .amazing actually .

DouglasHoover

Douglas Hoover
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words- over half my life has been dedicated to bringing joy, peace and tranquility into hundreds of peoples lives. Many have stressed that there had been nothing they had spent money on that had brought them more joy and pleasure than their water features- that was motivation enough to get me to retirement afer 30 years of lifting rocks! God bless you sissy for your giving heart, I'm sure you know that what you sow you reap huh? God bless you and Larkin- Douglas

100 foot stream.jpg

100 foot stream constructed with concrete and rebar with expansion joints every 20 feet

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gosh everything I googled on you showed fantastic pics ,of course minus the rocks on the bottom :razz: I try to do a little here and there helping my neighbors fix things or repair things but not to the extent you are doing Douglas.Do you have any on you tube I looked but could find nothing .I guess since here in farm country there are no limits we just do whatever .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
-welcometulip-1.gif
DH
Beautiful creations you have made! Congrats on your retirement and nice of you to give yourself to the outreach program :)

Ask a Question