Hi everyone

Reaction score
Hi..My name is Robin and I live in the country in Western NY. We have a drainage issue and plan to dig a good sized pond.
I am so excited to have a pond again, as we had a farm pond growing up. I was thrilled to find this site. While our pond will have a purpose I also want to make it pretty. I am going to plant only bog plants...no submerged or floating ones and we do not want fish in it. I actually plan to swim in it as well. My question is....what can we put in the water to keep the mosquito population at bay and to keep the water somewhat clear without harming the frogs, painted turtles, or plants. I am looking forward to reading many of the threads and getting some ideas. Thanks in advance
Robin

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and mosquito dunks work and are harmless to people and pets .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Robin
Fish would be the easiest way to keep the skeeters at bay. Maybe you could find some tiny hardy type that would survive where you live over the winter.

Ask a Question