Hi folks :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just a quick hello from Bonnie Scotland,:) Starting a project as of yesterday, a pondless waterfall, so will probably need much needed advice on a few things,just checked out aquascape resevoir boxes(the small ones) prices? extortionate! perfect for what i need as well in all dimensions needed 3 for L shaped feature,only supplier i can find is amazon and the shipping cost from the US is more than the items, any ex pats got a boat? lol yeah we Scots known to be stingy :)Seriously ideas would be appreciated im already reading forms thank you and hello again

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome!

I've heard of people "building" their own matrices out of PVC piping - lots of big holes drilled into all the sides and then stacked in the reservoir. But I don't know how pricing would compare. Aquablox are expensive, but they are a specialty item - and hopefully a one time purchase!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and when building a pond or pondless you have to look outside the box .You see something that is too expensive then try to figure out what you can use to build it cheaper .Plumbing supply stores have so many interesting things to use differently than what they are normally used for .I even use sump pump hose for my pumps at 10 dollars for 25 feet and it lasts .I have used it for over 8 years and still using the original one I bought

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-4-27_8-36-49.gif
@Stewart Graham

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here's what I came up with as an alternative to Aqua blox . I just purchased 15 large blocks with free shipping. if I had to pay even more for shipping then the blox I probably would have done this option I came up with . That being HEAVY DUTY milk crates with a heavy duty gardeners plastic commercial table. the milk crates I would space about a foot apart alternating between rows from one table to an other. here's what the tables look like. I would not use the legs as they would probably cut right through a liner unless it was set on concrete or stone
>
00505_15pnxUeRW4a_600x450.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Man, I'd love to visit Scotland!
Welcome!
As i would Canada :) my cousin is Canadian,coming over here for my ma`s 80th birthday party in may my cousin stays in Florida at the moment btw nothin stoppin you visiting here my good man, unless of course your of english descent ;)after repelling the romans,kicking those invaders englands azz and do you notice that the british only became an empire and only won battles after the scots joinedach well i`m sure we can welcome a Canadian btw thank you for the welcome

Ask a Question