Hi from Canada!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Greetings! I randomly stumbled upon this forum this morning. Seems like a cool place and I'm sure I'll have some questions sooner or later. I'll be looking into dye as I would like to have emerald colored water like in my avatar. I'm in Mirabel (North shore of Montreal). I just reinstalled my pump last weekend after winter storage. I've had this waterfall pond setup for a few years now.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and colleen would be a great source of info since she lives in Canada .I love your pond with the rock and pond on both sides of it and have to love that outdoor kitchen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello! Your pond Looks like nice place to relax!! I am from Medicine Hat Alberta and I winter my fish outside since 1991. If you ever need help wintering your fish...

Enchanté Miss Colleen. It is indeed. I enjoy taking power naps in my gazebo to the sound of the water. You look quite young for someone who has been ponding since 1991!

I haven't put any fish yet as my pond is only 2 and a half feet deep(local regulations). I was told they need at least 3 feet to survive the winter? Is that true?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Welcome welcome! Your pond is beautiful! I know you didn't ask... but don't dye your pond! It's so pretty the way it is... nice and natural!

Thanks! Thanks for your advice. You do bring up a good point about it being more natural without dye.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi and welcome. Your yard looks very nice. If you dye your pond you won't be able to see your fish if you decide to add some. I have seen fish in ponds survive the winter in a little as 2 ft of water, but recommended is at least 4 ft.

Ask a Question