Hi from Colorado!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone,
About a year ago we purchased a beautiful home in Colorado that included an 11,000 gallon pond, cement with a liner, 2-bottom drains, 2 skimmers, UV filters, 2 external pumps, and 2 bio filters, directing to our basement pump room, it's been quite the learning curve. Although I grew up around ponds and Koi, I never realized how much there was to know about taking care of the pond and fish.

Still noob's we are learning a lot and are having a great time. I'm excited to join this community and the wealth of knowledge you all share. I've been reading many of the threads here for some time and decided it was time for me to join.

N9G1rquGPShAB9ui9qViFNtZiTgHQ9dAZxcoY_ZMaXbiEp3Ad6pjvGxVNLSMtIsiCN9RHGT7k1EMtFQFTWZJ1H23uXel-N8lepF-HRJMvlvpVZtFSH5OS8qevuDQTGTk1Sm-RaekPSo

Zww3LVMQ-NtayLsKcAtIj6q6bwntdSgYStiOmHtCkquffztbqHs3Vr8q9remXox8WQL3pGaGHbt_Ne-kq8CIYq4lJT2O4HSqFxlrVxz_zafcOOHIQ6aqntC6dTHLp6YOde1Czj5_6CE

qwIlKtIhVZK2N3J6GQXjFdFbvLXzXtmFaYdY_FUKcQ872q1KI244FcKwJDFNoBSGfPs1dD7yMWouKlA9K0-G4-bAglpmRykTy9fQdYVtEEau5-Y0vNoWk6zA5k72FxN2tEEWPGiKN74

Thanks,
Ryan

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow that is some nice pond .Things is you are used to ponds but when it comes to something someone else builds it is really had to figure it all out .Did they at least leave you some info on the pond and workings .Guessing since they are external pumps means you will have to remover them and blow out the lines .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to GP, Ryan!
I'm glad you decided to join, It's always nice to meet new pond lovers!
I totally love your pond!.."11,000 gallons" Wow! I can only imagine the fish I would have if my pond was that large!
PS if those are lights, it'd be nice to see a night pic! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
East side seirra's 4500' high desert. Gets to 20's some teens.
Country
United States
Welcome to GP, Ryan!
I totally love your pond!.."11,000 gallons" Wow! I can only imagine the fish I would have if my pond was that large!
I'm thinking gator!

Reaction score
Country
United States
wow that is some nice pond .Things is you are used to ponds but when it comes to something someone else builds it is really had to figure it all out .Did they at least leave you some info on the pond and workings .Guessing since they are external pumps means you will have to remover them and blow out the lines .

Thanks!! You are totally right. I did a bunch of research and the owner provided pretty good diagrams and as part of the home purchase along with a day of orientation which I recorded for replay at later times. The previous owner has been kind enough to continue providing support via email. The external pumps are in the basement of my sunroom along with the multiparty so no need for me to remove them to blow out the lines it goes all winter with a little prep work.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to GP, Ryan!

Thank you!! Yeah it's a lot of water to have right against the back of your house, so I really have to watch it. And yes I have some LED lights in the pond, and on the back under the glass squares. I'll take a pic and upload it as well.

Ask a Question