Hi from Huntsville Alabama

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
We turned our in ground pool into our koi pond. Pool was rarely used and my koi were outgrowing their pond. So why not, right? We did this in 2013 and all koi and goldfish are thriving. They grow larger each year.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
bluefish
Great idea although it would kill me to do that as I'd love to have a swimming pool!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and have seen more people doing something with there pools because they get tired of them and at least you had a great use for yours

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
They seem to be very happy and healthy. they have really grown since we moved them into the pool. The goldfish are huge. We lived in Mobile before moving to Huntsville and I brought all my fish with me. They are all still with me. The only thing I noticed is that my Koi (from mobile) are still the same size. Anyone know why? We are redoing our landscape this spring so I will post pictures after we finish.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It could be stress from the move and change i would not worry about if they are healthy and happy .You could give them growth food also .Koi clay will help them also with missing minerals and there color

Ask a Question