hi from idaho

murlan

murlan
Reaction score
I am new to ponds and koi and built my first pond this summer. It is approx. 2500 gallons which terraces through my back yard. It has a river feeding it which ends with a waterfall. I hand digdug and hand poured the entire pond myself and it is made of concrete. I have 25 different variations of koi as well as goldfish. it requires 4 pumps and three different filters just to keep the water running which can seem like a lot of work Some days. it is heated with a 1500 watt floating heater which seems to keep the water at approximately 56 degrees even now when the temperature is 8 degrees outside.here is a picture while still being built. IMAG0204.jpg here are a few other pictures,

Attachments

• IMAG0202.jpg
    IMAG0202.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 334
  • IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 285
  • IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 272

murlan

murlan
Reaction score
thank you there would be more pictures of that is a pretty cool pOnd but it is winter here now and hard to get pictures temperature dropped to probably 10 below tonight. the pond is mostly bored is up except for some open water but it is definitely a challenge.

murlan

murlan
Reaction score
thank you my whole back yard is terrace level rock and I figure by next year it will be mostly waterfalls and ponds definitely keeps the yard looking nicer

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
murlan
Nice pond and looks like you are way up on a hill w/ a great view :cheerful:

murlan

murlan
Reaction score
thank you for all the nice welcomes, it's a balmy 9 degrees here today book thanks to the marvel of heaters my Fish are warmer than I am. Here are a couple of better pictures although the pond has grown much bigger but no pictures yet.

murlan

murlan
Reaction score
thank you for all the nice welcomes, it's a balmy 9 degrees here today book thanks to the marvel of heaters my Fish are warmer than I am. Here are a couple of better pictures although the pond has grown much bigger but no pictures yet.

Attachments

• IMAG0206.jpg
    IMAG0206.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 324

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and looks like you tint your water ,my neighbor did that but she went to dark and had a problem with her pump and I had to pull the pump as she had to go to work and I ended up with smurf blue arms for almost a week .You blue is nice .Can I ask why cement instead of a liner or is the soil to hard.I love the sound of water it makes the yard more appealing to the senses

murlan

murlan
Reaction score
hi, ya i did dye it about a month before i started puting fish in just for kicks, makes for great pictures, lol now its just boring water no bright colors. the area and overall design of how i want the water feature to be when done was not condusive to a preformed liner, and so I hand mixed and poured all the concrete, so far im in about 65 80 pound bags and growing, all the small river stones are hand set as well, maybe im just a sucker for pain and hard work???? Actually I really enjoy working in my yard as it is a great break from the day to day of running my business.

Ask a Question