Hi from Michigan!

Reaction score
My family bought a house with a small pond in the front about two years ago, and within the past year I've become it's primary caretaker. Due to it's rather small size, it can't hold koi but it had three fantail goldfish when we took it over and we've added since. Sadly, last fall I lost one of my fantails, and my shubunkin to a muskrat. He also had the courtesy to rip up my filter before he was caught! We opened up for the spring about a week ago, and something else got one of the comets and my favorite fantail. I think this is due to the woods behind our house. We've taken some precautions against future predators and added some more fish today. We have three larger comets, one shubunkin one large fantail, and four tiny fantails.

I look forward to getting other people here and hopefully getting many questions answered!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomebee897.gif
Sakana

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome!

flowerwelcomeWHT.gif

Post a picture of your set up we love looking

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome sakana and yes woods breed critters looking for food ,I hope you have better luck this time

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
SAKANA...Welcome to the group from another Michigander. enjoy your time on the forum and more importantly...enjoy your pond!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Sankana, Welcome!! You may want to consider making the pond deeper so they can escape the predators.

Ask a Question