Hi from Pennsylvania

L

Lin

I've had my pond for 20 years and it is my life.I have more than 20 Butterfly Koi, Jap. Trapdoor Snails,Toads, Frogs,Garter Snakes,Dragonflies,and all kinds of plants and herbs. This is a pic of me this month sitting in my Pond among the Lemon Balm and enjoying life. I have enlarged the Pond several times in an effort to have bigger Koi and finally after much trial and error, I have 2ft Koi. I am a little bit afraid of them as they are very powerful and almost knocked me over a few times. They love it when I walk around in the Pond and kick up lots of good stuff to eat. My pond is approx. 4000 Gal. and 25ftx25ft,has Purple Pickerel,Sacred Lotus,Water Lilies ,oxygenating plants
2020 Spirit Pond.JPG
,bio waterfall,and wonderful peace and quiet even though I live in the heart of a small town with pop. of 3500 residents.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum!

That is a beautiful pond.

L

Lin

Thank You! I am chasing around here trying to see all the beauty of Ponding Folks. I haven't quite got the hang of it yet.

I'm on the border of New York State, Northeast,PA. I think I am about 2hrs from Mt. Pocono,been there,loved the scenic splendor.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Your photo made me smile—not only because your pond is beautiful (I love the lush stand of pickerel weed in bloom), but because you're sitting there looking over your handiwork and obviously are so happy and contented to be there. What a wonderful scene. Thank you for sharing and a warm, warm welcome to the forum.

L

Lin

Your photo made me smile—not only because your pond is beautiful (I love the lush stand of pickerel weed in bloom), but because you're sitting there looking over your handiwork and obviously are so happy and contented to be there. What a wonderful scene. Thank you for sharing and a warm, warm welcome to the forum.
Thank you so much for such a warm welcome and I can feel that friendly smile all the way from Nashville. My son took the pic this month. I am working on a pond Journal to leave for him when I am gone.

L

Lin

Thank you. Your pond sounds wonderful I LOVE turtles. I had a Wood Turtle show up at the pond a few years ago,but he finally left to go back to his real home. He sure did love corn on the cob.

Ask a Question