Hi, from Slovenia

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
So just came across this forum and as i will be rebuilding my pond next year i will be looking for suggestions. So far we have pond 2500 liters (660galoons?). At first my parents took care of it but we always had dirty water (green). Now this year i took care of it and built a new filter (custom) with 300L tub and UV light and water is CLEAN now as never before. I am also experimenting with water hyacinth they are doing fine in points obviously they are expanding fast but i get no blooms not sure why.

In the comming year i will be renovating our pond because i want different layout and waterfall from filter.Will post pictures later today of current pond :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@ArcaneWater Hello and welcome. Glad you found us and hope we can help you with any and all ponding questions -- or just to chat. Are you going to have any fish?

Yes, we love to see pictures! It's especially fun to follow a build or a re-build along, so be sure to take pics as you go....befores, durings, and afters!

What is your seasonal climate like in Slovenia? Do you have "planting zones" there?

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Our climate varies from season to season we have continental climate. So in summer is like average 25*C and winter there is - :) Here are few pictures from today (its raining so its not that cool :))

20160817190611.jpg

20160817190626.jpg

20160817190635.jpg

20160817190602.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So just came across this forum and as i will be rebuilding my pond next year i will be looking for suggestions.
Hello and welcome!
I rebuilt my pond recently and for the third time! ( needed it to be larger) So my only suggestion would be to go as large as you can afford to! :)

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Yea i am thinking of renovating it completly, and go as large as possible i want a waterfall, and i am thinking about bottom drain + helix skimmer, i think i saw that helix is used for waterfall too? And not sure how would i get this helix products in Europe or is there any other brand for this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cisifom

Latest Threads