Hi from South Australia

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Australia
Hi, I'm Kate and I love my fish! They truly are my babies - I started with four comets, who have all passed away, but the 14 I have now are their offspring - so I've seen them grow from tiny little hard to see beings flitting around the plants, to up to 10 cm. Most of them will feed from my hand and come when I call "fish, fish." Heaven help anyone who says to me "but they're just fish...)

I'm really glad to find this forum and be able to share knowledge with everyone.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and glad you found us also I think we can all say we love our fish and our ponds .We have pond water in our viens . :cheerful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Australia
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll definitely be getting some pictures up - I haven't taken any yet as the pond surrounds are a work-in-progress...but in the meantime this is a picture from a Facebook post I did when my beautiful boy, Humphrey, died a few months back...
humphrey_zpscf468719.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Australia
Okay - some pictures...as you can see my pond is definitely a work in progress...I'm planning to fill in around the pond with sand/dirt and then use Australian natives that have a tropical look about them, and then a small waterfall in the right back corner. There will also be something better than the bit of chicken wire put on the top of the pond - it is more to keep my dogs out than the birds!!

fishpond2_zpse7bf63d0.jpg
fishpond_zpscf7327f7.jpg
fishpond3_zps977259ac.jpg

Ask a Question