Hi from Tennessee

Reaction score
My name is Patty. We have a 15x6x4'deep pond that my husband made. We have 2 large Koi & 10-15 goldfish. Our pond looks like a mud hole most of the time. He cleans it every other month & it is beautiful for a few weeks. I am now taking over the care of the pond but hardly know where to begin. I definitely know we need a new filter but don't know again where to start. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am a photographer & use the area for pictures (when it is presentable) Look forward to being a member on this forum.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
welcome to the fourm patty. send some pics of the pond ,and the filter,pipes ,pump ,fish .what ever you got. it will help

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same situation Patty's in.But, it is due to a death in my family, I am now the new keeper of the pond. I'll post pics in the next day or two so you guys can see what i'm up against. Thanks, Ben

Reaction score
I took 3 pictures to show all, but don't know how to add them. How stupid do I feel. (I am a photographer, remember) Is there an easy way to do this?

Reaction score
When you hit post reply there is a paper clip in the middle of the square at the top of what your typing in. Click on that, search your files and download the picture file(s). Then simply add it(them) to the page.:)

Rick

Reaction score
Thanks! Here are the pictures. The pond is 13.75' long & at the widest point it is 8.3'. It's 4' deep in middle & has plant shelves on the outer sides. . I think the pump is ok. It is a "Little Giant WGP 65 PW (1900gph). I will need a new filter. What is the best for the money & little care? Thank you so much for any suggestions you can offer me. I am quite the newbie at this.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 287
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 272
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 266

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Patty, welcome to the site!

Some nice pics you've posted there :)

Reaction score
How do you like my dog? His name is Charley & his favorite thing to do is to join in our constant pond cleaning. We want to now add a biological filter. Please advise the best to get. Size & pictures in above post. Pond will be pretty later & certainly is not yet.

Reaction score
Hi oakleyp,
I'm meekaboo from Ontario. Love your pond!!! It's one of the most "natural" looking ponds I've seen. It makes me imagine strolling through the woods and coming upon a clearing and finding a perfect little "treasure"!

Reaction score
Help!!

Thanks to you all!! I have been advised that our pond which has 1000 gallons needs a new pump because the hose is 1" instead of 2". The one we have already is sufficient to turn over the water over 1.5x. We are going with a new biofilter. We are also advised to get a skimmer which can be also pricey. Anyone got advice as we do want crystal clear water?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
the hose problem seems fishy to me. look in to building a filter go to blondies water garden .........keep clicking on build a biological filter

Ask a Question