Hi, Glad I found this site as I built my pond

Reaction score
I used this site and Skippy's and a couple others for research as I built my pond. Best move I ever made, much easier to learn from others expierence and ( mistakes as Skippy"s Site says) before I stuck a shovel in the ground. I didnt know a lot on ponding before I started reading--me and the wife had a little preformed pond that came with the house but it was mostly a pain in the butt to just keep the pump/fountain working. We gave up on it last year when the pump burned up and just added a lot of blue water dye and left it as a small reflecting pool (frogs seem to like it). I allways wanted a larger rubber liner type pond but until a large tree fell over in the front yard next to the old pond we didnt have the space. I started with the idea of a 6x8 pond about 3 feet deep but then we ran into the rest of the stump and roots from the downed tree--by the time we got done digging and chopping that mess out the pond grew into a 10x10x 5 foot deep pond then we found Skippy's site and added dug in plant shelves and his idea of raising the pond perimeter with 2x6s set back on the ground and we ended up with a 14x15 footer with a waterfall hill on one end. A lot of extra work but me and Anne are happy with the results up to this point--Like your member Addy says its still a work in progress. Were building a brick patio next to it now so we can enjoy it more. It is an addictive hobbie I've come to realize. Thanks for letting me share my ramblings and I will try to put progress pics on here next, thanks again, Tim

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 343
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 327
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 295

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome Tim!

another-fish-welcome.gif

Beautiful job you have done! love the look

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard Tim and Anne!:D Great job with the project and research, It shows! Thanks for sharing!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomehu9.gif
Tim

I have a sheet metal man as my hubby.......he just retired but he'll always be one :lol:
Nice looking pond and good size :cool:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Welcome to the group SMM.....Some of us will dazzle you with brilliance,Others will baffle you with bullshit!...its your job to sort it out! good luck! But Seriously, Good to have you with us!

Ask a Question