Hi Guys not been well of late down with an awful virus

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys at last we are back after being struck down with a virus just after having our flu jabs man was it disabling which Val and I dont need all the joints were aching as were our muscles with a constant mugginess in your head.
Then to top that I had a fall taking out our koi and health library 100 CD's and around 80 tapes totalling the shelf unit hitting the back of my head on our computer table and for a while thinking I'd broken both my wrists , thankfully today I had X-rays and nothing was broken but both wrists are badly sprained and will take time to heal ,
Our good neighbour bill fixed everything back up for us and the secured the unit too the wall. .
We 50's kids are made tough and bounce back more slowly than in our younger days lol Patti and I kept in contact (a big than you Patti ) over the healing period however with my wrists as they are I wont be on for more than a few hours at a time.
As too the virus it also affected all the staff at the surgery and many patients to ( they seem to be getting more and more vicious ) like they belong to another country and we have no defence against it .
We'd like to take the time to wish you a very

TG.jpg

View attachment mad.bmp

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What a mess you guys have been through and hope you both get better real soon. Good to see you here tho even if you are a bit bunged up

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow dave sounds like you and val have been through a war and survived .Hope things will get back on track and you will both feel better ..We have been talking about the flu shots on here .I have never gotten one .We have had problems here also .15 people so far have died of the flu and all of them had the flu shots ,they were mostly seniors .My hubby and I have never gotten the shot and got off the phone with my sister and they got there shots 2 weeks ago and they are both sick and said they are not doing thanksgiving this year because of it .She can barely talk .They both work for the post office and said lots of there friends are sick also .They all had the shot too .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think the gov't guys are just trying to off some of us seniors to make room for the newbie working class w/ those flu shots. Did I ever tell ya I don't really trust the gov't? I do watch lots of those movies where somebody is always trying to take over the world and make big changes................wait................Changes?.................where have I heard that before............and Hope goes right along side of it..............hmmmmmm,now where did I hear that before? :biggrinangelA:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I hope you get healed up and are both feeling better very soon. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey, it never rains but it pours! Sorry to hear about your illness and your fall, I hope you have a quick recovery. Are you seeing a physio about your sprained wrists? They might give you some exercises to help it heal and get the strength back - I sprained my ankle years ago and never did any exercises on it and it is too late to fix the weakness now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
God we seem to be having a lot of problems of late now we have new one grrrr .
One of the fans on the PC tower has decided that enough is enough and its on its way out causing our PC freeze up Jon our IT guy did a diagnostyic on the PC tonight plus checked for viruses and everything else .
He's going to pick us up a new fan next week sometime and will strip dow and clean the tower whilst fitting it .
It's like it doesnt rain till it pours here, ah well these things are sent to try us
Thank you all for your warm welcome back
To true Big Lou this one had the swine flu virus in our annual shots this year it may well have been tht thats giving us all the grief at the moment...

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My lappy is dieing slowly..............so finally replacing it, only has been 7 years or so lol

Glad you are on the mend, hate feeling bad. Keep going forward.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My desktop computers fan gets clogged w/dust at times and I must take the side panel off and clean it good and then it kicks right back up. I've never done it to a laptop. My computer is so old 2002 xp and will be ending it's life in April when Microsoft pulls the plug.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
my lappy did the fan blue screen death, pulled and cleaned it, still running, but getting a lot of weird errors , you tube not working, browser crashing, daily issues. pita, I am not ready to replace it, sort of like feeling sick, never ready for it, don't enjoy it, want it gone, did every repair I can think of, time will fix it, just like being ill, time i.e. shipping time lol

Keep feeling better Dave you and wife, take care

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Dave, so glad to see you back & well -- was really worried! Just now getting around to this post, as I'm at Boy Scout camp w/out many opportunities to pull out the iPad.

Ask a Question