Hi guys

Reaction score
Name is joe, found your forum while looking for information about my koi. I don't have a pond (I rent my home), but I have a girlfriend that has a 15,000 gallon pond in her yard. She used to have Koi there, some in the range of 50-60 years old, but unfortunately, the neighbor kids decided it would be funny to try and make her fountain bubble over by throwing a few bottles of dishwashing soap into it... :-( . Anyway, I am planning on restocking her pond for her, and for now am raising baby koi in my 10 gallon tank at home (I have a 30 gallon and a 75 gallon that they will move into when they get a little bit bigger).

Seems to be a good group of people here, and some pretty good information. Thanks for letting me stick around, :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome! Nice of you to help with the restocking.

flowerwelcomeWHT.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hi Joe and welcome to our pond world and thats nice of you and hope those kids were punished and should have been fined too .They had to be expensive and large fish to be that old .Hope you can post some pics of the new babes.We are a great group here but sometimes a little pond happy:lol::rolleyes::yikesu::regular_waving_emot:banana:some of our bananas are a tad bit over ripe here I'm one :lol::lol:

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards! It makes me sad to hear the demise of the fish. Good one on ya for restocking the pond..

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
welcome aboard, that's nice of you helping with the restocking. Hope some kids got some serious punishment. That's literally thousands of $$ worth of damage, I would have to say, it would take some serious fixing by parents and kids alike or I would have been prosecuting them!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i had posted a video of some kids caught on tape doing the same stupid thing. they were caught and prosecuted. i was gonna post the link here for you.but its since been removed from youtube. but i did find this one with these morons...filmed themselves and posted it....how moronic can you get?

[ame]

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I would link there stupidity to genetics or just parents who don't care and serves them right .Shows what they are not learning in school

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That was horrible and I didn't know there were fish in there til the end of it :confused:
I hope they had to pay for it all!

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Let me see if i can get a few pictures of the little fellers. The kids were taken care of, it happened before i was around, or they would have been dealt with in a different manner lol. I'm pretty sure they and/or their parents were sued.

If anyone in the central California area has ever heard of the Japanese Gardens in Woodward Park in Fresno, they literally had 1000's of koi in their gigantic pond, some of them had been over 100 years old. Same thing happened there... some kids thought it would be hilarious to break in at night and throw dish soap into the pond. It wasn't too funny to the rest of the community when everyone found out they killed every single fish in the pond, save for 2 of the older fish that were rescued and nursed back to health. I'll try to find some links for there too.

Japanese garden:

shinzen-4.jpg

My little buddies:

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

and my fav picture (for the moment anyway):
IMAG0070.jpg

Ask a Question