Hi! I'm a new boy

Reaction score
hi there!
I am anew boy to the forum with a medium size garden pond (14,000 litres). It's full of the usual stuff. About 30 goldfish, comets and a solitary koi who is the largest in the pond at about 15 inches. I live in the Midlands and have had the pond for over 12 years now.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and glad you joined but wondering about the boy part after 12 years :razz: new here but thinking you must be doing something right after 12 years

Reaction score
Hey "New Boy", you better post some pictures of your old pond, OR ELSE!

Sorry, but somebody has to pick on the new kid. :D

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Howdy-frog--11-1.gif
Ralphk

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys but at the moment there is no way anyone will see pics of my pond. Reason being that I am having a major problem with green water not helped I suspect by the fish going absolutely ape during daylight hours.
What am I doing wrong? I calculate that there is about 14,000 litres of water in the pond and the filter system (Oase Biotec Screenmatic 18 coupled to a Bitron 55 UV and all driven by a Aquamax 16000 pump). Water changed about every 75-90 minutes by my calc.
I have tried the microorgansism additions and this has not worked at all and I am at my wits end as to how to cure the issue.
Help please!

Ask a Question