Hi , Koi pond on Cape Cod Ma.

Reaction score
Will post some pics , We have Spoiled rotten fish , That know there names , Nibble on fingers , Only problem are long winters when you don't get to enjoy seeing them , This year all flowers around pond are dead no rain and one hot summer!!! Donny

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! I agree about the pictures -- we enjoy looking at other's ponds & fish! So tell us, what are their names?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and we had a hot dry summer also but finally got rain for a couple of days

Reaction score
Some pics of my finger biting. Fish

Attachments

• CAM00136.jpg
    CAM00136.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 246
  • CAM00116.jpg
    CAM00116.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 261
  • CAM00142.jpg
    CAM00142.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 243
  • CAM00118.jpg
    CAM00118.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 223

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice variety of koi and yep they look like they are having fun w/ your fingers. Thinking they are big fat juicy worms :D

Reaction score
I give my fish worms on sunday , get them at Walmart , They go crazy ! All you have to do is say worms and they start splashing around , lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't have koi, I have goldfish and they too love the worms. Funny when 2 of them get one end in each of their mouths and yank :D

Reaction score
Orange and black with the white face is Shrek 10 years old , SRF -Spoiled Rotten Fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Donny we have two in our own pond who are both 27 years old so yours have a ways to go yet :LOL:, did you know if properly looked after they can live to be 80+ years or more in age ?
How long have you been keeping koi may I ask ?
If you like feeding your koi alternates to your daily pelleted feed please feel free to check out this thread we did some time ago now :-

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/a-look-at-alternate-foods-for-your-koi-and-goldfish.10500/

And a later updated version with vitamins etc

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/updated-alternate-food-for-koi-and-goldfish.14217/

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Dave, This is my 11 year , Ive have one koi that's 11 years, ,Has name is Jaws Common orange and white , My first year some one ate all my fish except Jaws, , Realy Enjoy having my morning coffie by my pond , Nothing Better!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Dave, This is my 11 year , Ive have one koi that's 11 years, ,Has name is Jaws Common orange and white , My first year some one ate all my fish except Jaws, , Realy Enjoy having my morning coffie by my pond , Nothing Better!!!
In the summer you cant beat it Donny but in the winter months in the UK ours go under wraps again until the spring do you have much in the way of a working knowledge of koi health issues or wish to learn ?

Dave

Reaction score
I dont know every thing, But i test my water with a pond master test kit, Built my filter , Can post pics , Have been lucky with healthy fish , I read everything , Theres some good stuff of ponds on Utube to , I dont ask a lot of questions because there so mush posted to read. to solve your problems. Theres so much good info just on this site !! All of nice people too!!! But when i do ask for help it will be a head scratcher. Lol

Ask a Question