Hi, sort of new to ponds, Can anyone recomend a good filter?

Reaction score
I am sort of new to ponds, My dad had one years ago when I was a kid, I have keeped tropical fish and marine fish before so I understand about water chemistry and stuff but I am new to pond equipment.

I am currently digging out my pond which will be approx. 3m long, 2m wide and about .75m deep
I am going to concert the base, build up a brick wall and render then get the special rubber looking paint. I am laying all access pipes for cables, lights and filters and burying them in the concrete. I am wondering what type of Filter I should get as I have no clue what is out, and what is tried and tested.

any comments on my approach or any other input would be much appreciated

Thanks

Dan

Attachments

• Digging.PNG
    Digging.PNG
    27.8 KB · Views: 248
Reaction score
You don't say what kind, and how many fish you will be keeping in that pond, but if you plan on keep more than a handful of larger fish like koi I'd go a little deeper with your dimensions and put in a bottom drain and plumb it to either a sieve filter or a vortex settling tank which will take care of the bulk of the pond debris for you, after that there are many options to go with for a bio-filter and or possibly a fine clarifying filter.
Oh and a lot of people have had problems with "special rubber looking paints", you might want to consider a standard epdm liner.

Ask a Question