Hi there from the Southern Tier of NYS

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Dear All,

My vacation at the end of June was to dig the pond for a preformed 185 gallon pond and waterfall which a parishioner gave me for the rectory back garden. I have a 125 gallon tank inside which had 2 common goldfish and 4 fancies. The idea was to have a forever home for the commons and invite over several of their siblings from a neigbor's much larger pond. It is not up and running. Bede and Leo have been joined by Finnegan, Alban, Cuthbert and Columba. The pond has a pre-fllter for the waterfall and a pondmaster to which I added some biomaxx. So far I have been treating it like an aquarium testing the water, water changes and vacumming. I have a lot of algae right now--it has shade but only one small lily...

I'm open to suggestions to help me to be a good pond caretaker.
Chris

Attachments

• Day 5 pond & garden.jpg
    Day 5 pond & garden.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 162

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and never have seen a preformed like that and it does take time for the pond to cycle and you will have clear water days and algae days .It is just part of being a pond owner

Ask a Question