Hi to everyone in forum

Reaction score
Hi all I have often thought about joining a forum for information/Help regarding my pond which I have struggled to keep free of Blanket weed for a number of years but never joined one, so with the vast knowledge out there I hope that someone wil have the answer.
My pond is oval shaped deepest point 3ft of concrete construction (Approx. 750 Gallon capacity ) with a pre-cast stone waterfall which is the biggest problem for attracting Blanket weed, I have used an electronic and chemical treatment but even after wire brushing waterfall clean it still comes back very quickly. The pond is only in the afternoon in full sun. I have asked at Aquatic centre's only to be told that this is a common problem with no cure,
Hope someone can help.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and hope we have answer but the easiest is to stay on top of the blanket weed and removing it by hand .I do spray my water falls with peroxide .I turn the pump off spray it wait a few minutes and try to remove algae and anything else and then turn the pump back on .The only real cure is hand removal using a toilet bowl brush will help

Reaction score
Welcome! Is this a fish pond? If it is, I'd say quit fighting it and let it be the fish appreciate having it to nibble on, if not, just put chlorine in and be done with it. You could chlorinate that much water with a hot tub floater and a single chlorine tablet.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomebug9.gif
Roly

Ask a Question