Hi!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I live in northeast PA and have about a 1200 gallon garden pond with a waterfall and spillway. Originally had about a 300 gallon pond and paid someone to help us expand it. Big mistake! Anyway, glad to find this forum to help correct the problems we now face because we don’t want that contractor anywhere near it...

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum! Post away we will help you as much as we can.

Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry to hear there are problems, but you've got lots of good pond brains here to help out!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really appreciate the offers for help. The contractor did a poor job of putting in the liner and it has been leaking since. They did not lay the liners...yes, liners, correctly trimming off much more than necessary. Good news is wife found the leaks and I decided to do the work myself to replace with a single piece liner in the waterfall/stream
6E0E7A85-B5BE-47B3-9BEC-327C3C7430B5.jpeg
and rebuild. Here is a pic right after it was completed. Will start a thread I photo section very shortly.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
You did a great job @Bob110 ! Hearing about "pond contractors" who don't know their business - not cool. I think some guys who mow lawns for a living think "build a pond? SURE - anyone can build a pond, right?" They give the whole industry a bad name, just like any other trade I guess.

Ad

Advertisements