Hi

Reaction score
Just getting into the pond adventure. I don`t have a lot of room, in the country on 1 acre and the septic field takes up most of the backyard...:regular_waving_emot but small is better than nothing, right? Looking forward to all the info and experience you have to offer.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums boxercrazy!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad you joined!

Welcome-Daisy-Bug.gif

I found our septic tank when I dug the pond.............now it is well marked with a big white rock, as long as I don't forget which rock..........

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well if you have a big enough front yard go there thats where I put mine right next to my covered front porch .

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies!
I finally marked the clean out end for the tank after digging what ended up looking like a grave a couple of times...lol
Unfortunately no room in the front either, not much space plus water, electric, gas and phone lines run under ground from the road.
So, I`m thinking some kind of above ground container but I`ve started another post for that.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh boy that photo is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to big to go next to my sig..............lmao! I shall be fixing it right fast, lol!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Welcome!!!
Koidaddy, maybe he/she is a boxer, and is a little on the nutty side?

Speaking of boxers.... My special little idiot ate a 1 pound bag of koi pellets the other night, little jerk! They had been sitting there since spring and he hadnt touched them, but the other night, i was outside looking at the pond, walked in and he's got his whole nose in the bag eating away.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Welcome!!!
Koidaddy, maybe he/she is a boxer, and is a little on the nutty side?

Speaking of boxers.... My special little idiot ate a 1 pound bag of koi pellets the other night, little jerk! They had been sitting there since spring and he hadnt touched them, but the other night, i was outside looking at the pond, walked in and he's got his whole nose in the bag eating away.

Thats an expensive treat ididntdoit99. lol Mine love them too! My golden ret puppy will sit at my feet for any dropped treats. Even at the aquarium.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My cats try to fish them outta the water when I throw into my pond. They don't like getting their paws wet tho and funny when they are constantly shaking the paws. They try to sniff them in there also and then they sneeze. Never bother the fish but I assume that's cuz they don't wanna get wet. If the fish were on land they'd be goners.....................well I guess they'd be goners even w/o the cats in that case :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucaryan

Latest Threads