High Pressure Filters and Pumps?

Reaction score
Me again with another question!!!

I am looking at high pressure bead filters and saw a statement (on the Aqua UV Ultima II 10000 specifically) that says "DO NOT USE HIGH PRESSURE PUMPS WITH HIGH PRESSURE FILTERS!" The guy at one of the stores told me we needed to do that (recommended a Performance Pro Artesian 1/2 HP with a HP bead filter similar to the Advantage 10). Very confused and don't see that warning anywhere else???

Reaction score
a bead filter needs a high pressure input to pump IN. The back pressure this causes is too much for fragile things like a UV.

If some pleb combined a UV into a beat filter, its pretty much a useless product.

You put the UV AFTER the bead filter where the return is just regular flow pump pressure not high backpressure from before it.

Reaction score
thats cool, just nothing between a high pressure pump outlet and bead filter!!

dont confuse a bead with a pressure filter (flower pot), they are much lower pressure and completely different thing. A bead filter needs VERY regular maintenance to backwash it and keep it working well, as they block up very quickly giving high backpressure killing the pump if left too long

Ask a Question