Hijaro koi

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
So several years ago I went to one of my koi suppliers and asked about getting a crow koi- pure black. He came back with 2, very small but all black. One ended up being a bronze chagoi and the other a hijaro, black with white fins and tail. Anybody have one? Its only visable by the fin and tail but the strange thing is, I now have them in both ponds! I never move fish from one pond to the other. Trying to thin my herds and there are a lot of these guys.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pvc frame box, covered on 5 sides with netting. I drop it in the pond with open side under water , throw in some food and when they go in, tip the cage up! Will try to post pics later. I had this posted years ago with a video, not sure if its still available.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not a great picture but if you look close, you can see the white fins and tail.
0726201056.jpg
0726201056a.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
pvc frame box, covered on 5 sides with netting. I drop it in the pond with open side under water , throw in some food and when they go in, tip the cage up! Will try to post pics later. I had this posted years ago with a video, not sure if its still available.
Thank you...Would love to see the video if it is still available..any idea what to search for?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Here is a pic of my fish trap. Worked pretty good this year, was able to catch and move 7 koi. The weather just has been too hot so stopped after 2 days.
0728200656.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So several years ago I went to one of my koi suppliers and asked about getting a crow koi- pure black. He came back with 2, very small but all black. One ended up being a bronze chagoi and the other a hijaro, black with white fins and tail. Anybody have one? Its only visable by the fin and tail but the strange thing is, I now have them in both ponds! I never move fish from one pond to the other. Trying to thin my herds and there are a lot of these guys.
Hi I also had 2 black Koi. Both are Hijaro.
Very beautiful fish and my favourites
Hi I also got 2 all black koi both are Hajaro.stunning quality and my favourite

Ask a Question