Hmmm double layer of liner or not

Reaction score
I have just finished laying underlay and liner for my pond. The question is with my liner.
Seems I have a little too much of it! So I doubled up but now thinking thats not such a good idea cosmetically?

So I filled the pond up and the liner isnt really moulding to the side to well (I guess becuase of the double thickness.

Thinking about removing that extra layer of liner.
What do you recon?

IMAG0019-1.jpg

Reaction score
I have just finished laying underlay and liner for my pond. The question is with my liner.
Seems I have a little too much of it! So I doubled up but now thinking thats not such a good idea cosmetically?

So I filled the pond up and the liner isnt really moulding to the side to well (I guess becuase of the double thickness.

Thinking about removing that extra layer of liner.
What do you recon?

IMAG0019-1.jpg

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
if you can double line you pond with your liner...keep digging your pond is not big enough!!!!!!!!!

No thanks. Would rather talk to the Mrs for 24hrs straight, rather then pickup a shovel again! :lol:

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
let your liner eat up some sun and it should heat up enough to start molding,put a few large rocks on it to help the process..........If that fails...then your either back to diggin,or remove some liner

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
let your liner eat up some sun and it should heat up enough to start molding,put a few large rocks on it to help the process..........If that fails...then your either back to diggin,or remove some liner

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Liners always have folds when placed in a hole in the ground, that is a fact of liners. What you need to do is find a way to live with the folds. If you can, try to locate the folds where they can be easily hidden by plants, rocks (did I say that) or structure. NO ROCKS IN THE BOTTOM.
In time, algae and other settling media will hide it and you will not notice them any more.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Liners always have folds when placed in a hole in the ground, that is a fact of liners. What you need to do is find a way to live with the folds. If you can, try to locate the folds where they can be easily hidden by plants, rocks (did I say that) or structure. NO ROCKS IN THE BOTTOM.
In time, algae and other settling media will hide it and you will not notice them any more.

Ask a Question