sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ell it or keep it as it does not go bad just sprinkle it with baby powder so it does not stick .Are you doing a waterfall you could use some of it there and also you could sell it you would be amazed at how many people who will be beating your door down .Makes great liner for pondless and great liner for stream also .

Reaction score
haha, my thoughts exactly...start digging and make it larger...or maybe do an elevated waterfall... or a quarantine pond..or well i'm out of ideas right now

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know she does not have a large yard what you want her to do swim from pond to pond :LOL:

Reaction score
pond july 2010.JPGI sure WISH I had room for a stream :razz: ! I put up a pic of the side of the yard that has the pond to show why I can't have the stream and the other side of the yard that's separated by wrought iron to keep the dogs away from the pond, which shows I do a least have the pool. I can't wait to compare the pond side to the new and improved *hopefully* pond side! One of my fish keeps jumping around in the container....I think he's anxious to enjoy his new home! Thanks for the info on the powder on the liner and I HOPE I find someone who wants to buy the liner. Our neighborhood is HUGE so I can list it in the newsletter and more than likely find someone who could use it., We are doing a waterfall and he's got the liner setup for that so we are set in that respect. I will post a new photo of where they are as they've stopped for the day. You are all a riot! Thanks for all the great advice! :goldfish: backyard 2010.JPG

Reaction score
Thank you but I tell you... my husband and I look forward to the day when we can actually have property where we aren't right up next to people on all sides. I know that a great many of you get to enjoy that

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nice to say that and nice to have that gardenlady but it also means lots of work .I went out and mowed more of the yard and took the dogs for a walk and rest time again .

Reaction score
gardenlady, how much can you go to the left to try and use more liner... i'm also assuming you want to be able to walk around your yard some but just wondering

Reaction score
IMG_1663.JPGHope you are using a riding mower! Here is a pic of where they stopped. Those are the pavers we used for the bog before but are too big so that are going to cut them so that they are shorter as they take up too much bog space. Anyone that uses a bog..what did you use to build it? The cylinder at the bottom is for the fish to hide in and the rocks just because I wanted some. To the left with the level laid across is where the waterfall will be. HMMMM..where's all that rain?!

Reaction score
I really like the area you can walk on with the flagstone and my daughter and I worked really hard to lay it down so there is no way it's getting swished to nothing. I know the hubs is done with the size of the pond and moving forward to get the pavers cut so we can use them and get what we need to build an *I hope* awesome waterfall. The previous was a trickle at best!
don't ask said:
gardenlady, how much can you go to the left to try and use more liner... i'm also assuming you want to be able to walk around your yard some but just wondering

Reaction score
Here's a thought...I have been using the batting to have the spitter run water through to keep the water crystal clear, but do I need to upsize the container and batting now that the pond is so much bigger?

Reaction score
I wouldn't think so, you might have to change it more. But you could go larger if you wanted to but I might wonder if you think it will become obtrusive if it gets too big

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Use a pretty flower pot as your filter and put something across the top and put a potted plant on top .Garbage can lids are the perfect size for on top of one of those new plastic planters .The big bright colored ones would give you a nice pop of color in your landscaping and then just set a planter on top of the upside down lid with a nice plant or 2 in it ..Oh yes I use a riding mower because it is 3 acres to mow .Don't mind the mowing it is the trimming that gets to me .

Ask a Question