Hole (for bath/pond) is filling up...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I thought for my summer project this year I'd build a wildlife pond. The hope is dug, shingle is at the bottom, just about to put sharp sand in and the rains came. I keep it covered up with some old bunk bed to stop hedgehogs, cats, foxes etc from drowning, but it has a few holes drilled for screws. there is a lot of clay and the hole is filling up nicely, lol. Can I just go ahead and put in the sharp sand in and the bath??? On the plus side it's catching the slugs nicely. Any advice very welcome. Picture attached

Attachments

• 20210729_163646.jpg
    20210729_163646.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 52
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi there, I thought for my summer project this year I'd build a wildlife pond. The hope is dug, shingle is at the bottom, just about to put sharp sand in and the rains came. I keep it covered up with some old bunk bed to stop hedgehogs, cats, foxes etc from drowning, but it has a few holes drilled for screws. there is a lot of clay and the hole is filling up nicely, lol. Can I just go ahead and put in the sharp sand in and the bath??? On the plus side it's catching the slugs nicely. Any advice very welcome. Picture attached
so, you built a slug trap...NICE!! Haven't had anyone on GPF to that, yet!

Shingle; some sort of British idiom for ?? Shingles here go on roofs, so...

What are the holes for? Screws? Screws for what? You don't want anything sharp near a liner...

Yes, you can (probably) put your sand in. Bath? You're putting a bath(tub?) in too? Guess you're going to have to translate to this member of the Colonies!! :)

Ask a Question