ZmanArt007

Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Hey, I am pressed for time, so I will make this quick.

I came home today and my father was removing leaves from my pond... Using a metal rake. :grumble:
I only found one hole the size of a rake's peg, but I'm not sure how to mend it...

Help?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
And did you put your father in time out for that one,lol? Good thing you don't have any fish in there now............or did you already go out and get some more?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Clean it with some acetone, rough it up a bit so the tape sticks well. Being me, I would tape it, then cover the area with a piece of liner, using black roof goop to add some extra protection. But the tape does work well.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I think thats what addy was trying to say, some tape, then some glue and another piece of liner. I would imagine they have that kind of stuff at menards or home depot. anything made for to glue pvc or epdm roofing. I dunno, maybe Addy will chime back in with a link to the "goop" she is talking about.

Reaction score
Bolt through the hole, fender washer on both sides of liner, tighten, done. Zinc washers might only last a few year but nylon, aluminum and stainless steel will last.

Ask a Question