addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well we made it back, the deer very nicely trimmed all my bushes and trees for me.

DSC06789.JPG
DSC06792.JPG
DSC06791.JPG
DSC06794.JPG
DSC06795.JPG
DSC06796.JPG
DSC06797.JPG

and some downed trees
DSC06790.JPG
DSC06793.JPG

But trees budding, daffodils coming up, plants starting to grow, so all is good!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You should build a deck for the deer to stand on so they can even out the trees.

lmao I was thinking that! Why did they stop there lol. The yard is well tilled/aerated/fertilized with all the hove marks and fertilizer they left behind for us

They even ate the holly with thorns.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow addy they really trimmed everything .Well at least the tree did not fall on the pond ,but you sure have a lot of work to do .Guess the deer were happy feasting on every thing there.Hate to say that but you pines look like you know what ,men should know :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing Sissy! Those are emerald green cypress. They will come back in a year or so. Every plant in the yard has been trimmed, even ate the branches of some of the new trees we just planted.

The knockout roses, nicely trimmed back for me......

I need to get up the electric fence around the bee flower gardens before the plants start to grow So far no sign of growth............whew!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you have a lot of trees to grow back but at least the dead inside parts of the pines is exposed and they will grow back thicker and fuller.Deer did that to 2 of the pines I had and 2 years later they were fuller than they ever where . .Just watch missy for deer ticks .I found one on my leg yesterday .i took some trimmed back stuff to the woods to dump it and next thing i knew I felt some thing on my leg and it was a teeny tiny deer tick .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't think they are out yet, but I will watch her, she is on the tick stuff. With her hair she has to be really watched, thick hair they can hide in.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Addy- finally loaded your cams and have been checking out the weather up there. You have had a lot of deer snacking in your yard. Do you know if you have a deer that was injured? Saw one one morning that looked like a possible broken leg. She still got around good. We had one go down in a brush pile during the snowmageddon. Couldn't get down there but the next spring we saw a deer with scars and what looks like a possible broken back. She has been back every year with her fawns. She can't run or jump but seems to be surviving.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
61 degrees here now but it feels warmer than that out .So where is this storm at and are we going to get it or what .With warmer weather the could be a lot more food for the deer if it can grow faster than they can eat it

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
mrsclem, every time I logged in to look I saw little herds of deer snacking away. I have seen a few that seem to have injuries, most likely a car hit. We had twins living here all summer.
I only stayed on long enough to look around to make sure all looked ok.

Ask a Question