water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
warren_tax said:
Lol!! I was pretty proud of it (for a girl anyway :regular_waving_emot ) that the only thing that would have made it look better was if he had done it! (I think he was kidding) !

MEN! geez, you did a great job, if he wasn't kidding kick him, (gently)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
warren_tax said:
Lol!! I was pretty proud of it (for a girl anyway :regular_waving_emot ) that the only thing that would have made it look better was if he had done it! (I think he was kidding) !

MEN! geez, you did a great job, if he wasn't kidding kick him, (gently)

Reaction score
I laid flagstone around 1/2 of the pond last night....I will post pics again once it is all finished. Thanks so much for all of the encouragement! Half the time when I look at it I see a hot mess, and the other half of the time I am so proud I could burst! I found out last night there a gentleman in the area who has ponded for over 30 years and is moving to mexico. He has koi that are anywhere from 6" to 3', and I think he is going to give some of them to me! He told me to come over tomorrow and we would talk about the koi...at first he said he was selling them, but then said we would talk about it when I got there. I am motivated to get things cleaned up and take pictures to him, maybe he will see that I can provide his babies a good home! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Reaction score
I laid flagstone around 1/2 of the pond last night....I will post pics again once it is all finished. Thanks so much for all of the encouragement! Half the time when I look at it I see a hot mess, and the other half of the time I am so proud I could burst! I found out last night there a gentleman in the area who has ponded for over 30 years and is moving to mexico. He has koi that are anywhere from 6" to 3', and I think he is going to give some of them to me! He told me to come over tomorrow and we would talk about the koi...at first he said he was selling them, but then said we would talk about it when I got there. I am motivated to get things cleaned up and take pictures to him, maybe he will see that I can provide his babies a good home! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Reaction score
I do have a question though....I have tan pebbles at the bottom of my pond, and while the water is crystal clear, it has a brown tint to it, looks a little like tea. My pond has cycled, last week it was pea soup, then I hooked up the skippy and now it is clear. Is this the dead algae? Will it clear up on its own? Should I leave it alone or add activated carbon? Could it be from the tan pebbles? Thanks for help!

Reaction score
I do have a question though....I have tan pebbles at the bottom of my pond, and while the water is crystal clear, it has a brown tint to it, looks a little like tea. My pond has cycled, last week it was pea soup, then I hooked up the skippy and now it is clear. Is this the dead algae? Will it clear up on its own? Should I leave it alone or add activated carbon? Could it be from the tan pebbles? Thanks for help!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
warren_tax said:

Keep up the good work, can understand the hot mess..............I have to walk away and take a brain break, the task sometimes seems it will never end, but I am sure enjoying it. Good luck with the koi! Look forward to new pictures

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
warren_tax said:

Keep up the good work, can understand the hot mess..............I have to walk away and take a brain break, the task sometimes seems it will never end, but I am sure enjoying it. Good luck with the koi! Look forward to new pictures

Ask a Question