Honey Bees in outside wall

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
For about six seasons honey bees have swarmed to the inner space of a portion of our northside exterior wall. Now it's gotten to the point of too many bees, thousands and thousands. Sadly, we cannot afford to have them removed by opening up the exterior wall. Before calling in an exterminator can anyone provide a viable alternative?

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I think there are free services that will take them away. I would suggest posting on Reddit. You'll probably get a response within a day.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
By the way, if in the future you have hornet's or wasp's nests, before they get too big, squirt them with a water pistol. Add some washing detergent to the water. The detergent will dissolve away the nest and they will build them somewhere else.

Reaction score
That's my understanding too, bee keepers would only be interested in swarming bees, where the queen is easier to get. Finding a queen inside the walls of a house is pretty difficult.

I've seen a few TV shows of removing bees from inside the walls of a house. I forget the names of the shows. I guess it's a pretty big problem here in Phoenix.

They did have to open the walls to get the honey comb out, it was huge. It's the honey comb that does the damage as I understand it. Killing all the bees allows for other, worst insects to colonize the comb. mold, etc.

Checked YouTube...This guy found the queen, Pretty amazing.

Reaction score
Wow, this guy is good. He picks out the queen in less than a minute.

Some info at the end I think, at about 9:00 in. Customer talks about other methods they tried, JP makes it look easy.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have a problem with those big bumble bees they fly right into you while your out side and even while I was mowing the lawn I got hit by them .I think they need to have there eye sight checked

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ah, ha! An accent I recognize! :)

That is pretty amazing, and for him to just reach in and pull out the queen..... !

Ask a Question