Hooking up 2 waterfalls

Reaction score
Country
United States
HI! new to forums I had a fishpond a few years back that I had built myself. but once I had too much going on in life, I had to let it go but now I have been retired for a year or so well it's time to rebuild I will rebuild it bigger better and faster it will 25x25 round with 2 waterfalls my only concern is I want to run the 2 waterfalls off the same pump should the Savio waterfalls filters be level at the same height? by the way am in southern California the new pond will be 25x25 and 4ft deep with a bottom drain I don't intend to put a skimmer in it but may do so later this forum looks cool I hope hear from some of you soon once I get it up and running I will post some pictures. Thank you, Garden Pond and members, for let me join

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum .
I am one who believes in the bottom drain. However I believe it is not the primary as much as is a skimmer. Intakebay or negative edge.
Besides feeding the fish 90% of the waste that gets into a pond will float in with the winds. And in that case it's best to get that from the surface before it has a chance to start sinking. Thus something to pull from the surface.

Reaction score
Country
United States
thanks for welcome and I am short on money so no skimmer, but I will use a fish net to clean the surface for time being

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Welcome! The waterfall’s don’t have to be at the same height as long as you have a way of controlling the flow to each such as a ball valve.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
One thought to consider since you are building from scratch: Have you thought about an intake bay? It functions as a skimmer and can be made fairly inexpensively (relatively speaking.). Check out Ozponds on YouTube! He has some great info on homemade intake bays.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Intakebays are to most superior to a skimmer particularly since they don't cost 700 bucks

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1651106141753.gif
@flameboy

Ask a Question