hope for the best

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
gone for the Afternoon i just returned home to find one of my platinums on ther floor of the basement, 4or5 feet from the pond; apparently over enthusiastic, since there is no herons to chuck em out. virtually no movement in gills, but lightly breathing,no response to touch or picking up. got him back in pond, slowly drawing back and forth in water, massaged abdomin. got him swimming slowly now and responsive to hand movement in his direction. lets all pray for the guy.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
If you got him swimming , I think you did it all ...Hope for the best.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
he was dry to the touch, and covered with basement floor grit. thought he was dead. till i picked him up and saw his lips moving to breath, ever so slightly. poor guy must have been flipping around the floor for a while.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
YYEEESSSSSS!!!!! he is schooling and even ate already. darting around with the rest of them in a feeding frenzy. god bless em'

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
still seems O.K. but seemed livelier last night, but swimming fine,eating, and breathing good, but seems to be a little less social and more nervous, hides behind seaweed when he sees me coming.must not recognize me as the one who "SAVED HIS LIFE!" BUT IM HAPPY

Reaction score
Your fish was lucky...mine wasn´t...he jumped over one night this summer and didn´t find the way back.../Björn
25918853.jpg

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
my tetra poond water treatment(dechlorinator) has stress coat in it, and the pond is salted....no need for additional coating,

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i notice a curved line about an inch long of raised scales today, must have picked up something off the floor thats irritating his skin under his scales; or so i hope, and not a parasite. seems to be becoming more reclusive.

Ask a Question