Horsetails Revenge

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I had some Horsetail around a pond i had 8 or 9 years ago
when i upgraded my pond i dug and pulled every root runner, any piece of it i could find;
its been gone, i noticed in my neighbors unkept yard over the years some of it was growing .
a few weeks ago i went behind my pond to check on things it was all over the place growing every where, i was just back their two weeks ago
I sprayed it with Crossbow hope its down for the count ...it looks like it is

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It must be like bamboo lives through everything and grows everywhere

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
I hope it is gone for you, too. Sounds like a pain in the patooty for you.

It just sits here, in its pot, barely growing. Just goes to show what is invasive in one area might be a dud in another. My gallon pot of it fell to the bottom of the pond, right side up. It appears to be surviving and growing upward, sloooooowly. Maybe it will reach the top of the water in a few years. ;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
There's more than one kind of horse tail plant. One is nice for the pond I believe and the other kind is a horrible invasive land weed. Do you know what it means if you have horsetail in your garden..............it means that you were bad in your last life, lol!
My neighbor across the street has it all over her gardens cuz the previous owner brought in topsoil from a not so reputable place and it came w/ that and started sprouting all over everywhere the new topsoil was laid. I just hope it stays across the road or I'm moving!

Ask a Question