Hose Chlorine Filter

Reaction score
My mother has a fairly large pond and loves it to death - it's become her new hobby. The problem is that she tends to forget that the garden hose is on when refilling it and there will be a chlorine off balance that kills the fish. I was wanted to get some kind of attachment that filters out chlorine to prevent this from happening and making the pond safe for fish no matter what. There are just so many websites to buy them from and there's huge variances in prices so I wanted to jump on here and see if anyone had any suggestion on the kind of brand to get or the website to buy it from. Much appreciated!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can use one of those cheap water filters for your house that tractor supply sells and it fits a hose perfectly and i use carbon filters in mine .I think it was around 9 dollars .Also buy a hose timer as it shuts the water off at a preset time and you can get them from around 12 dollars to around 25 for the good ones .Better off with the good one and they sell them at lowes and home depot and any hardware store

Reaction score
She has it filtering through lavarock and such along with a pump for 2 water falls. I just didn't know if there was an attachable thing to add onto the end of the garden hose to filter out the bad things like chlorine.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use lava rock filters also but i have well water and just use that filter I attach to the hose to filter out anything right now as I had my well pump burn out and had to pull it over 400 ft out of the ground and want to make sure I do not pull in dirt or sediment out until the new well pump settles and the water is clean .I have an electric filter for my house but want to make sure there is no bacteria

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
_smileyhowdy-1.gif
Howdy_McGee

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would get a hose timer, battery run, turns the hose off after 1/2 hour. It will help her water bill and save the fish from to much chlorine. Cheap too lol

Ask a Question