Showcase(s):
They sure will!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Mine get lots of water in that spot but also full sun - they do great until the very hottest days of August. They start to look a bit ragged. I just trim them back and in a few weeks they spring back and look great until the first hard frost.
I'm always interested in the differences in how plants can do in different conditions.
If you ever do get that Davis Weather station you've mentioned in the past, it would be interesting to know what your solar UV readings are.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Absolutely! As said above, keep them moist and avoid 'blasting' them with full sun. They will survive full sun but really like partial shade the best.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was wondering if Hostas will grow in a bog?

Absolutely. They thrive in bogs.

Mine get lots of water in that spot but also full sun - they do great until the very hottest days of August. They start to look a bit ragged. I just trim them back and in a few weeks they spring back and look great until the first hard frost.

Mine was also in full sun and reacted the same as yours.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm always interested in the differences in how plants can do in different conditions.
If you ever do get that Davis Weather station you've mentioned in the past, it would be interesting to know what your solar UV readings are.
Will do! Mothers Day is coming... this might be the year!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have had Davis weather stations for years now. Probably 30ish years. Upgrading off and on.

Ask a Question