How come new threads show up....

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
..... on the right-hand side, under "latest threads," and not under "new posts" when I click on "new posts?" I only notice this 'cause I'll go back after an initial post to see if my new posts went through, but the post won't be under "new posts."

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The new posts button will only show you threads that have been updated since you last viewed them, so if you've made a post yourself - you won't see it on the new post list as it hasn't changed. If someone were to reply to it, then it would appear again for you. Of course, everyone else would see your thread on that list :).

The side column labelled "Latest Threads" just shows all of the new threads, regardless as to if you've seen it - so it's not as clever (and it only updates every 5 mins).

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks, Ian! All the "newness" is still a little confusing, but slowly getting used to things. Liking the changes, though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
In addition to what Ian said, if you click on New Posts you can then click on 'Recent Posts' which will bring up everything new whether you have read it or not (y)

Ask a Question