How do I cap off jets??

jezabell79

New but not...
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I need to cap off/close off the jets to the hot tub shell apparently to convert it to my new pond....how do I do that?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
how about a solid piece of thick rubber pounded into the holes with silicon in the hole first and then add more silicon around the out side of it .The rubber will have to seal tight in the hole .It is the only thing I can think of .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I need to cap off/close off the jets to the hot tub shell apparently to convert it to my new pond....how do I do that?
First of all, please include a few pictures of the hot tub with close-ups of the jets -- taken from both sides.

I Googled this. One person commented that you could try to completely remove the jets. From there, apply a patch over the holes. I think I asked before, is this a fiberglass spa?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
most are fiberglass and maybe that is why they can't keep the jets from leaking .The spas have a very shiny smooth surface that would be hard to make a patch stick too .so may be hard to do

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
most are fiberglass and maybe that is why they can't keep the jets from leaking .The spas have a very shiny smooth surface that would be hard to make a patch stick too .so may be hard to do
Could do it from the back side, or rough-up the surface first. Otherwise, how can they make repairs in FG spas, etc.? Think I'll Google that -- got me curious!

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
You simply rough up the area with sandpaper. Google fiberglass body repair,it's a simple thing but a bit time consuming.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Reaction score
that maybe just what I need also for a hole that was drilled in a stock tank I picked up cheap .Thank you .All the plugs that they make that screw in don't fit the hole .I paid 10 dollars for a 200 gallon tank at a house sale .

For the stock tank I would use a bulk head fitting and a cap. The reason is that the stock tank has thin walls and the expansion plug may not work or could get knocked out. Here is a link to Amazon but you can make you own from parts that you pick up at Home Depot and silicone for the seal inside and out.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_5w4eq9i7z7_b

This is the type of regular fitting that you would use. One male and one female pick them up at Home Depot. You would also need a cap or plug to complete the set up.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...+male+adapter+fittings&ie=UTF8&qid=1447690496

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They don't have a plug the size I need .Not sure what they cut the hole with .It is if I remember 2 3/8s and I really hate to cut it bigger to fit the next sized plug .It is always hard to cut those holes again and get them straight .I may just line the tank with a liner .Or I may bite the bullet and try cutting it bigger and see what happens .All I am going use it for is water plants.

Ask a Question