How do I clear green water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have tried Mr. Fothergills and Aquaplanckton and although blanket weed is reduced (albeit coming back again) what can you recommend I try to clear the water? I prefer natural remedie4s rather than chemicals.

Many thanks.

Lizabeth Harris.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My pond was nasty green. Hooked up a UV and a couple days later...crystal clear.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
The blanketweed is mopping up surplus fertility, ammonia, nitrate pollution in the pond.

Easing up on feeding fish, and sufficient plants can abstract the pollution and starve the algaes out

A well planted pond will deplete dissolved fertility in two weeks... during the growing season

-15 water_hyacinth_gpf.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
My pond was nasty green. Hooked up a UV and a couple days later...crystal clear.

I am really starting to think my new all in one filter UV is doing feck all. Water goes green no matter what. I have now proper aeration, hopefully it will help.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have now proper aeration, hopefully it will help.

Aeration will contribute little, if any, effect in reducing planktonic algae. Nutrient reduction is the only permanent cure. You have to starve it. This can be done actively such as adding plants or passively such as reducing the amount of fish food per day.

Ask a Question