How do I cool the water off????

Reaction score
I am really concerned about these fish. I have been checking the water temperature for several days now and it is running 94 degrees everyday.
My fish are just laying on the bottom. Not much going on with them lately.
Last summer I filled water jugs and froze them to bring water temp down about 10 degrees. Should I do this again? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

thanks!

Reaction score
I am really concerned about these fish. I have been checking the water temperature for several days now and it is running 94 degrees everyday.
My fish are just laying on the bottom. Not much going on with them lately.
Last summer I filled water jugs and froze them to bring water temp down about 10 degrees. Should I do this again? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

thanks!

Reaction score
We live right above you in Tennessee and it's hot here. Our water temperatures is 78 degrees in a 30" deep 2500 gal pond. The reason is the Coolaroo shade sail we installed a few weeks ago. I would suggest some kind of shade even if a tarp as a temporary setup.

Some one on this forum said OverStock.com had these pretty reasonable.

Reaction score
We live right above you in Tennessee and it's hot here. Our water temperatures is 78 degrees in a 30" deep 2500 gal pond. The reason is the Coolaroo shade sail we installed a few weeks ago. I would suggest some kind of shade even if a tarp as a temporary setup.

Some one on this forum said OverStock.com had these pretty reasonable.

PS3

Reaction score
just stick the hose in the pond for about 5 to 6 mins. and then turn it off u dont need stress coat because its only a little bit of water and this will cool them off i do this every day or so

PS3

Reaction score
just stick the hose in the pond for about 5 to 6 mins. and then turn it off u dont need stress coat because its only a little bit of water and this will cool them off i do this every day or so

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We built an arbor over ours for that same reason. It really helps. I also stick the hose in the pond when the temp goes up. The fish love it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We built an arbor over ours for that same reason. It really helps. I also stick the hose in the pond when the temp goes up. The fish love it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In arizona, my waterfall filter kept the water at 85degrees even when it was way over 100. and the pond was 4-5 foot deep

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In arizona, my waterfall filter kept the water at 85degrees even when it was way over 100. and the pond was 4-5 foot deep

Reaction score
I'm gonna try what my friend told me about. She built with 2x4's across her pond - then put vinyl lattice staple some shading sheets on that. then put plants to cameflouge. (only a small section) NOT the whole thing. She said she has lost less fish to heron since she made that. Plus, she said it give them some extra shade. I guess, this will be my hubbys new project. I know he will be so excited.

Ask a Question