how do i copy and paste from notepad?

Reaction score
I want to post a reply but need to copy my reply from notepad and then paste it here in this forum. how do I do that? I have to use speech recognition, so I use notepad to write for me what I want to post. I can not type well anymore, due to injury.
Thanks

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Go to edit do a select all, a control c then control v into the forum. I just tested it with notepad it works.

the test

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
testing notepad

That is weird, works fine for me. You can also do a edit select all , edit copy or cut, then when on the forum page use Ctrl and V to paste it into the forum.
Are you using a windows computer? with notepad I would assume you are. Mine is win 8.1 But that also worked with win xp

testing notepad

Reaction score
Yeah, it is weird. I could always do it before, when ever...where ever. I even tried using WORD. But it's almost 3am and I'm nodding bad. got physical therapy at 9am, but they get to see me in pajama's sometimes, anyways...been going for years to the same place. they don't care, as long as I just show up. it's been a long time since I've been here, and would sure like to join in again. just takes to long to type, now...and painfull too. Oh yeah, running Windows 7.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
darn wish I could tell you what would work, no clue why it is not. There are those little icons on the top row, one says paste from word. testing notepad just tried it, had to paste in the window that opened and it pasted here. Those little yellow clipboard looking things, all three let me paste the notepad text in them then it pastes it here. testing notepad testing notepad

Send Becky a message, maybe she can tell you a way to use speak technology.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure why this isn't working, however if you are able to click the top left button in the editor (that looks like a switch), it will switch to a basic text mode and may work for you?

That said, we're going to be upgrading the software soon (much delayed as the gallery software hasn't been good enough to jump ship), so this should fix the problem at a later date :).

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have used firefox for years, much prefer it to the others.

Ask a Question