How do I get the foam filters out of my OASE 10 to clean them

Reaction score
I am recently widowed and like most wives did not have a lot to do with the pond maintenance. My husband used to take the big foam filters out of the black containers and I would hose them down and he would put them back in.
I tried to get them out today and they won't shift. I don't know if the whole black inner container lifts out or if there is a clip or 'knack' of getting them out of the filtration box. I do not want to force anything in case I break something but,as you can appreciate,money is tight now and I only want to call in a 'pond man' as the last resort.. Help please.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome /You can go to you tube it has video of how to do that and other pond stuff also .Sorry to hear about your lose it can be hard .I almost lost my hubby back in 2012 .He still has lots of health problems .I do not know much about that brand but put it into you tube and they show several sizes and kinds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
So sorry for your loss and welcome to the forum, could you possibly ask the plac where you bought them from how to do it , should you face any other problems with say your fishes health problems with water perameters etc please ask .
Remember to do water changes on a regular basis remember to add water dechlorinator when you do this.
Please dont think any question silly to ask at the moment your a novice and things can seem quite dounting you have a bit of a learning curve but well help you through it .
Please read this thread it will help :-

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/thr...lth-of-fish-for-the-novice.14258/#post-220226

Above all dont panic we are all hear to help you keep your husbands fish alive in his memory

Dave .

Last edited:

Ask a Question