How long should medicine take?

Reaction score
So I've given my shubunkin some anti-fungus treatment. If it's going to work, approximately how long should it be before I see some kind of improvement?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
The treatments can vary but you should start to see results within a week of the treatment going in, what treatment are you using by the way.
Most bottles should acctually say how long and if you need to re-treat the pond.
If you have a U/V-C on the pond it should be turned off for the length of the treatment.

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Wait till the first week is up then if your still havng problems treat again, if after that your still having problems let us know please

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hows the treatment coming along are yiu seeing a difference yet ?
Shubunkins are one of thhe hardier goldfish breeds along with the commets ,why in our veiw they are true to the goldfish as it is because in them only the colour has been changed not the body or body shape as you see in the more fancy reatives that weve found through a mutation here or there to be good looking and therefore bred.

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Well we've got him in quarantine now with the medicine and an oxygen pump. We've also been giving him regular salt baths. He seems a lot more active now, although he's not eating and the fungus doesn't appear to have changed (maybe slightly lighter). Is this what you'd expect?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I'd have been looking for signs of it receeding by now, you may well have to give them the second dosing of the abti fungal

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question