How many fish?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I’m new and am interested in getting advice regarding my pond. I’ve got a Blagdon Affinity Mocha 336 litres. I got four goldfish and went to the aquatic shop to get two more fish. Unfortunately they said that 4 is enough is that size pond. I maintain it weekly and have bought a pond vacuum to ensure sludge is removed. Are the aquatic shop correct?

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome!

I agree with your shop, having been in that position myself. They are giving you conservative long term advice to ensure your best success, and allowing for a margin of error.

Assuming they are small at this point? They may look lost but will grow fast with proper care. The volume is 89 US gallons and down the road goldfish can get 6-8 inches depending on type.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will stick with the 4 fish then. Wanted to double check this was sensible advice. Thank you for your reply.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1656867576481.gif
@Blondie
Just remember these 4 that you already have can make more so hopefully you have friends that might like some or the shop that you got them from will take them. If you don't feed them too often they will eat the eggs that they lay before they can hatch. I hardly ever feed my goldfish and they do just fine getting all the bugs and worms, algae and bit of plants they can find. Happy ponding :smuggrin:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

If something happens to your fish look at fantails they stay smaller and do well in a small pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
goldfish can get 6-8 inches depending on type.
AND AT THAT POINT 336 LITERS IS TOO SMALL . iF YOUR LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL MOVEMENT TRY ADDING SOME MINNOWS LIKE WHITE CLOUDS OR DANIOS

Ask a Question