How many people see your pond?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mine doesn't see many visitors in fact some of my neighbors don't even realize we have a pond. I suppose since it's in a fenced in back yard and then also inside a smaller picket fence it's not very visible except to anyone in my back yard and the neighbor on one side as it is along the fence line that we share.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually kinda like it that way. I don't want people messing around the pond when I'm not home. We recently had a 13 month old child in a neighboring community die in their neighbors pond. So sad.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
One or two maybe.

My current house doesn't have a back door, so if we're entertaining, it's not easy to just pop into the backyard. We have to go out the front door, open the gate, and then go into the backyard. So, even when we have a lot of people over, it's fairly rare that they come out to see the pond.

I'm in the process of buying a new house, and this house is much better for entertaining, and has a deck overlooking where I'll be digging the new pond, so I expect a lot more people to see my pond after I move!

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is indeed very sad.

Unless you're out in the middle of nowhere, a fence should be a priority if you have a pond.

Yes, I agree. I couldn't even imagine having a pond in an area that isn't fenced in. I tend to worry about stuff and I know it would be on my mind all the time if it wasn't fenced in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Depending on when we finally get everything finished we can expect a pond visit from the club members but at the moment we on average see three to four people a week

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nobody, dead end street, at the end of a long driveway, pond in the back yard facing the woods and corn fields.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Today our neighbors brought their young grandson over to see it........so three today, but ordinarily very few, unless we have family over . We have a 6 foot fence around our property, for our dogs.....and we like our privacy :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Monthly.... maybe 5 tops. It's in a rather private, fenced yard. But I really do like to entertain, and especially love sharing the enjoyment of the pond with friends. OH! But I shared the link to view my pond cam with about 6 friends, so they can technically see it whenever they want.

Ask a Question